In the Investment Dominator once a new team member has been created you may have the need to search the entire activity log for a specific user using the ‘Search By’ functionality. This functionality is not as simple as it may appear when attempting to search based on what displays in the User field of the activity log display.
The following set of instructions will detail the steps needed to successfully search and display a specific user’s most recent activity.
Step 1) Access The Activity Log Function
To access the Investment Dominator Activity Log, select ‘Team > Activity Log’ as shown:
Step 2) Search By Specific User
Once the Activity Log is displayed access the ‘Search By‘ function and select the ‘User‘ designation from the drop-down menu as shown:
Step 3) Determine The Specific User Name For Search Criteria Box
Once the User criteria box is displayed you must determine the specific portion of the User name to enter into the search box.
Important Insight: It may appear you can enter both names as they appear in the User category, such as ‘Jack Bosch’; however such is NOT the case. Internally, the system is looking for either Jack or Bosch as an entry in the User search box. Entering both names will result in [Currently no activity meet this criteria] message!
Enter a specific name as shown to successfully process the user selection criteria:
Step 4) Press The Blue Search Button To Process Search Function
Press the associated blue ‘Search’ button for the system to process and display all activity for a specific user as shown:
When attempting to report Investment Dominator related issues to our Technical Department for support, there are 2 efficient methods of accomplishing this task so the Technical group is clear regarding the issue being reported. Using the [Create A New Support Ticket] function in the Help section of Investment Dominator is our starting place. There are 2 methods to effectively communicate support issues to our Technical Department.
Method #1 – Screen Shots attached to support tickets. Method #2 – A short video of issue being sited attached to support tickets.
Use the ‘Create A New Support Ticket‘ function when reporting Investment Dominator related issues for support.
To create a support ticket in the system go to ‘Help> Create A New Support Ticket’…
To capture a screen shot or record a short video of an issue for a support ticket, install a FREE version of the ‘TechSmith Capture‘ tool using the following link – https://www.techsmith.com/jing-tool.html. Press the blue Download or Free Download buttons to install the ‘TechSmith Capture‘ tool as shown:
Once the FREE version of the ‘TechSmith Capture‘ tool is successfully loaded onto any computer, the Capture function appears.
In order to capture an image of any screen on your computer select the RED Capture button as shown:
Note: Use the TechSmith Capture cross-hairs to select the appropriate Investment Dominator screen being captured.
On the following display, select the Capture Image Icon to actually capture the image for editing as shown:
Method #1 – Attach A Screen Shot Of Issue
Example: If there was an issue with Tagging A Record in Investment Dominator it will communicate effectively to attach a screen shot of the issue as shown:
- Steps To Attach A Screenshot Are As Follows:
- 1) Activate the TechSmith Capture function or any other snipping tool installed on your computer and attach 1 or more screen shots.
- 2) Use the TechSmith Capture cross-hairs to select the Investment Dominator screen being captured
- 3) Save the the screen shot in an appropriate folder on your computer for access.
- 4) Go to ‘Help> Create A New Support Ticket’…
- 5) Complete entry of Issue, Platform You Use, Browser You Use, Priority and press the ‘Choose File‘ function to import saved screen shot(s) of issue.
Method #2 – Create A Short Video Of Issue Sited
If a short video is needed to capture an Investment Dominator related issue, you can also use the Free TechSmith Capture tool to generate a recording.
- Steps To Record A Short Video Of Issue Are As Follows:
- 1) Activate the TechSmith Capture function or any other snipping tool installed on your computer, (with video capability).
- 2) Use the TechSmith Capture cross-hairs to select the Investment Dominator screen being recorded.
- 3) Select the Recording Icon to display the recording control panel, (see C TechSmith Recording Icon) below.
- 4) Select the RED (record) button to begin the recording. System will display ‘3’… ‘2’… ‘1’ and begin recording your voice and your screen (see D TechSmith Capture Recording Start) below.
- To Stop video recording…
- 5) Once the video of issue has been recorded, press the blue Recording Stop button as shown:
- To Upload video to Screencast…
- 6) Press the blue Upload to Screencast button, (in lower right hand corner) to generate video link for attaching to support ticket as shown:
- To copy video link…
- 7) In the ‘Upload Complete’ section, to copy video link press the COPY button and then blue OK button and paste this link into your Help Desk Ticket (in both Issue Description and Link To The Issue field as shown:
Final Step – Press Blue ‘Create New Ticket’ Button
If you are using PAT Live as a call center, you may need to provide their representatives access into your Investment Dominator account as they receive calls from prospective sellers. The following illustrates how to complete this process.
Step 1) – Create New Rep User For PAT Live
Navigate to ‘Team> Add User‘.
Step 2) – Enter Required Fields For User
From the ‘Add User’ screen enter in all REQUIRED fields as shown in the screenshot below to create a new PAT Live user.
Note: For each PAT Live Representative added use a different Rep# and for simplicity, set a simple username and password for them to use.
Step 3) – Set Field Restrictions For PAT Live User
Set the following restrictive fields YES or NO as follows for each PAT Live Representative:
- Allow Delete Property: No
- Allow Merge Property: No
- Allow Edit Property: Yes
- Allow Delete Contact: No
- Allow Edit Contact: Yes
- Allow Generate Letter: No
- Allow Generate Offer: No
- Allow Generate Label: No
- Allow Delete Attachment: No
- Allow Generate API: No
- Allow Edit Menu: No
- Allow Edit Custom Pages: No
- Allow Delete Custom Pages: No
- View Financial Reports: No
- View Notes: No
- Allow Add Note: No
- Allow Edit Note: No
- Allow Delete Note: No
- View Seller Information: No
Click the blue ‘Finish Add User‘ button to save and create the new PAT Live user into the system.
Step 4) – Send Access URL, Username and Password to PAT Live for access
Send the appropriate Access URL and login credentials, (Username/Password) to PAT@Patlive.com with your associated Name and Account #, along with other instructions regarding their access into your account.
Note: All users that you create under the ‘Team‘ tab including the PAT Live user will log in to the system using the exact same URL as you do. They will just use their own username and password that you created in the above steps.