The two mail houses we recommend at this time are LPGletters.com or LPGmailer.com both of which are full-service mailing services that print, fold, stuff, stamp and mail your letters out on your behalf. There are many similar services out there, but these have a lot of options that work well with our direct mail campaigns to the owners.
STEP 1: How To Generate A Mailing List For The Mail House
- Log into your Investment Dominator Admin Console and navigate to either the ‘Land Deals‘ or ‘House Deals‘ section depending on what type of properties you will be working with.
- Click on the link at the top right of the page called ‘Campaigns‘.
- Click on the green CSV Icon next to the letter campaign you want to generate. This will download a .csv file that you will need to upload to your iti Direct Mail order ticket (discussed later in step 2).
- Hover over the [?] link to the right of the .CSV icon to bring up the tooltip (Click the link if on a mobile device or tablet).
Click the links for both the Letter Template and Envelope Template and download these to your machine. You will need to upload these files as well to your iti Direct Mail order ticket (discussed later in step 2).
NOTE: At this point, you should have three files saved on your local machine that look like this:
NOTE: That your template files are formatted in a particular manner and that they only contain 1 sample envelope and 1 sample letter (meaning iti Direct Mail performs the mail merge on their end):
STEP 2: Create Your Order With The Mail House
- Open a new browser tab and navigate to LPGletters.com
Fill out the form on the right side of the screen get started. Most options are preselected for you however you need to update the ‘Quantity‘ field with the number of the recipient in your mailing.
PRO TIP: If you have the budget, Jack recommends the following options when you place your order with the Mail House:
- Envelope type: ‘#24b White Linen Envelopes’
- Postage Class: ‘1st Class Presort’ for your first mailing (because speed is of the essence)
- Turnaround Time: ‘2-Day Turnaround’ for your first mailing (because speed is of the essence)
If you have a limited budget you can use the following settings to reduce your mailing cost (this will, however, also increase the time it takes for you to see results):
NOTE: That’s 57 cents per letter! (Order must have a quantity over 700 letters and include the options in the screenshot above to get this discount rate and the timeline is extended to about 3 weeks using these options).
Compare this price with the cost of supplies to print/fold/stuff/stamp the mailers yourself at home, you are looking at $0.68 per mailer (not including your time).
- When you are done adjusting the settings of your order click the green ‘ADD TO CART‘ button to continue.
- Review your order then click the red ‘CHECKOUT‘ button to continue.
- At this point, you can either log in with your account or click the ‘CONTINUE‘ button under the ‘New Customer Checkout‘ section to create a new account.
- After you create a new account you will need to enter your payment details to process the order.
- The mail house requires that you send them both your letter template and envelope template to them as a .pdf file and it needs to be formatted using their merge field format. For this, you need to upload the .csv file, letter, and envelope template that you generated in STEP 1 above. These three files are attached to the order ticket.
STEP 3: Updating The Records In The Investment Dominator After The Mail Has Been Sent
Once iti Direct Mail has confirmed that the letters have been mailed you will want to update the status of your prospects to a mailed status.
- Log back into your Investment Dominator Admin Console and click on either the ‘Land Deals‘ or ‘House Deals‘ tab then on the ‘Campaigns‘ link at the top right of the page.
- Then click on the ‘Bulk Update Records‘ button to move all these prospects into the next Status.