Questions answered on this call:
- 3:10 – How can we sort and filter contacts after import into ID
- 12:45 – How to split records into smaller uploads for organization
- 15:10 – Can you use your cellphone as your company phone.
- 19:00 – Ring Central Explanation as to what numbers are used for
- 10:28 – Reminder on the company address field
- 23:10 – How to customize our selling site theme
- 29:50 – How do we upload a large CSV file into the Investment Dominator
- 35:00 – Does Investment Dominator include options to add payment buttons
- 38:30 – Going over the Selling site merge fields
- 40:30 – How do I record an issue properly for Ticket Support (Tech Smith)
- 45:45 – Using Techsmith for capturing online pictures of a property
- 49:00 – How to do an advanced search within the Investment Dominator
- 53:25 – Can you help explain the optin page and what information is taken
- 56:50 – How to process a new offer request
The Investment Dominator equips you with the ability to create your own Custom Documents, Custom Website Pages, and Custom Blog and Property Posts. When creating these custom templates you can utilize system merge fields to dynamically pull in data from an Owner Record, Property Record, Contact Record, Your Company Information, or Profile.
Here is a list of system Merge Fields that you can use to output data on to your custom website pages, posts, and documents:
- You can perform basic calculations with any numeric field in the system. To do this you must surround your calculation with double parentheses. For example the calculation for the Net To Seller amount is (([property-price]-[property-backtaxes]))
- Operators include: + – / *
- To output your value as a currency then place USD in front of your calculation for example: USD(([property-price]-[property-backtaxes])) will output the calculated value in the form of USD.
- You can calculate a future date by adding the number of days to any date merge field in the system for example [current-date+7] will output the date of seven days in the future.
- Some merge fields have option variables that you can include inside the merge field to add functionality to them. For example [optin-form confirmation_url=’/custom-page’] allows you to set a custom confirmation page URL for the Optin Form that is created when you use the merge field.
While the Investment Dominator was designed with a certain deal flow and specific statutes in mind, it can be customized to fit any investment strategy. So here’s how you can create a custom letter for use in the Investment Dominator:
Log into your Investment Dominator account and then click on ‘Customize‘.
Then, scroll down a little until you see the option that says ‘Custom Document Templates‘.
A window will pop up, and you will be able to create just about any kind of document that you could want, including first-time mailings, land, short sales, probate, foreclosure, homes posted for tax sales, etc.
There is an option on the right that says ‘Insert Merge Field‘. Insert the fields that you want to be in the letter, and this will make sure that the letters come out properly addressed and with the correct information.
Calculated Merge Fields
You can use basic math to calculate the output of a merge field for example…
- If you would like to calculate the Net To Seller amount that we output on our cover letters and contracts you can enter in USD(([property-price]-[property-backtaxes]))
NOTE: The two brackets at the beginning and end of the equation are important to indicate to the system that you want to calculate two numeric fields and the USD part at the beginning indicates that you want the values returned in a USD format vs. as just a number.
- If you would like output a future date; for example 15 days from the current date, you can use [current-date+15]
- If you would like to output your offer at 5% more than what you have saved to the record then you can use USD(([property-price]+([property-price]*0.05)))
NOTE: Be sure that you select the correct option from the ‘TO‘ field. This will determine which fields you can merge into the document.
Also, you can make sure that the letter only goes to contact records in certain statuses.
After you have created your custom letter template, you can use it by clicking on ‘Generate Documents‘ and scrolling down to the bottom of the page. You will see an option to use the custom letter template that you created, and it will merge in the information of all contact records in the corresponding status.