In addition to the two built-in Selling Site themes (Legacy and 2.0) that come with the Investment Dominator system, you can design and develop your own custom themes and even share those themes with other users.
To create a custom theme you need to know a little about HTML and CSS. If you are not familiar with what that is, you can hire a front-end HTML and CSS developer on sites like Fiverr.com or Upwork.com that can take a visual design that you have in mind and code it using those web languages.
Ok, Let’s Get Started
- Download this Sample Selling Site Theme template which contains all of the built-in merge fields to call in things like the Optin Form that we use in our default themes.
You can use these merge fields to pull in information or functions used in the Investment Dominator.
- Use basic HTML and CSS to design your layout, then reference the merge fields as needed within your page structure.
- Compress your theme files into a .zip folder then upload that folder under ‘Customize> Website Settings – Selling> Optin Page‘ and click the ‘UPLOAD CUSTOM THEME‘ option.
NOTE: The filename of the .zip file you upload will be the name of the theme when it is uploaded and a screenshot of theme is automatically generated based on your index.html file.
Here is a list of merge fields you can reference in your custom theme files.
[optin-form button_text=’CUSTOM BUTTON TEXT’ confirmation_url=’/thank-you.html’ input_fields=’c_fname, c_lname, c_email, c_phone, c_zip’]
[popup]PUT YOUR POPUP CONTENT HERE – (DO NOT USE MERGE POST DATA)[/popup]
The Investment Dominator system comes with two built-in Buying Site Themes a Legacy theme and a 2.0 theme as well as the option to create and upload your own custom theme. A theme controls the look and layout (design) of the website. For example, it controls what the menu, header, banner area, footer, and page structure looks like to the website visitor.
Changing your Buying Site Theme is easy to do, simply go to ‘Customize> Website Settings – Buying> Select Your Buying Site Theme‘:
Click on the theme option you want to change to:
Scroll down to the end of the page and click the blue ‘Update Site‘ button to save the changes.
To view the changes click ‘My Sites> Buying Site‘:
Your Buying Site with your new theme will load on a browser new tab:
The Investment Dominator equips you with the ability to create your own Custom Documents, Custom Website Pages, and Custom Blog and Property Posts. When creating these custom templates you can utilize system merge fields to dynamically pull in data from an Owner Record, Property Record, Contact Record, Your Company Information, or Profile.
Here is a list of system Merge Fields that you can use to output data on to your custom website pages, posts, and documents:
- You can perform basic calculations with any numeric field in the system. To do this you must surround your calculation with double parentheses. For example the calculation for the Net To Seller amount is (([property-price]-[property-backtaxes]))
- To output your value as a currency then place USD in front of your calculation for example: USD(([property-price]-[property-backtaxes])) will output the calculated value in the form of USD.
- You can calculate a future date by adding the number of days to any date merge field in the system for example [current-date +7] will output the date of seven days in the future.
- Some merge fields have option variables that you can include inside the merge field to add functionality to them. For example [optin-form confirmation_url=’/custom-page’] allows you to set a custom confirmation page URL for the Optin Form that is created when you use the merge field.
In this two-part video tutorial we explain how to customize the look of your built-in websites using both the basic customization controls that are built into the Investment Dominator Admin Console under the ‘Customize> Website Settings – Buying‘ and ‘Customize> Website Settings – Selling’ areas as well as in part two, some advanced customizations you can make to your websites using CSS scripts.
NOTE: We do not recommend that you make CSS customizations to your websites and if you do, you do so at your own risk. If your websites become unresponsive or display an undesired look after you make your custom CSS modifications, you can remove your modifications from the ‘Customize> Website Settings> Website Header Tracking Code‘ area to reset the sites back to their default styles.
NOTE: In the 2nd part of this video we do not cover displays issues on mobile devices or tablets. You will need to make sure your CSS coder accounts for this and adds media queries to the style script that will adjust the look based on the screen size.
You can customize both the header and footer background colors as well as the text colors.
Continue reading “How To Customize The Color Scheme of Your Selling Site”
On this live training call, we discussed…
- How to create custom property statuses
- How to create custom website pages
- How to create custom documents (letters, contracts, and flyers)
- How to customize your website menu
- How to customize your website banner
- How to customize your logos
- How to restore default text and content once you have altered it.
- How to customize using CSS and style tags
Continue reading “2017-07-26 Live Training Call”