After an initial offer has already been sent, if there is no response you may want to follow up with an increased amount for the second offer. There are built-in 2nd Offer Cover Letter templates in the LPG System. As a general rule we don’t recommend that you change any of our built-in document templates as these have been tested and tweaked over thousands of successful deals.
If you would still like to test out variations of the 2nd Offer Cover Letter, in this article we will discuss how you can create a new custom version that uses our content as a base and then incorporates you custom verbiage in the document.
Create A Custom 2nd Offer Cover Letter Template
Note: The following procedure is meant to address 2nd Offers on individual parcels only. If an owner has multiple properties and 2nd Offers are being issued for each property, the verbiage in the document content section will need to be altered to address this matter.
1. Access the 2nd Offer Cover Letter Template in the LPG System
- Logon to LPG with username/password [my.landprofitgenerator.com]
- Access ‘Documents‘ section
- Scroll down to ‘Download Doc 3a – Second Offer Cover Letter‘ and open the document
2. In Investment Dominator access ‘How To Customize Jack’s Offer Templates’ instructions
- Select ‘Help‘ function
- Select ‘+ Search Our User Guide‘ from the menu choices
- Enter ‘Jack‘ in search box
- Press the blue ‘Search User Guide‘ button
Access the ‘How To Customize Jack’s Offer Templates‘ article and follow instructions to create a custom 2nd Offer Cover Letter document.
3. Create the 2nd Offer Cover Letter in the Investment Dominator (Document Content field)
A) Go to ‘Customize> Custom Documents> Add Document’.
B) Then select the following settings…
- To = Owner – Land Only
- Status = Pending Preliminary Research
- Document File Type = Both
- Document Type = Portrait
- Document Title = (Give your document a name)
- Press the ‘Source‘ button to disable the HTML Editor
- Document Content = (Copy and paste this content under the ‘Source’ tab)
- Select the blue this content HTML text
- Press [Cntl-A] to highlight/select all HTML text
- Press [Cntl-C] to copy all HTML text
- Place cursor in corner of Document Content field box
- Press Cntl-V to paste all HTML text into field
- Press the ‘Source‘ button to enable the HTML Editor
- Alter the text in Document Content field box to read as 2nd Offer Cover Letter template from step 1
- Place Cursor over Signature Line (after the word ‘Sincerely’)
- Use the [Insert Merge Field:]select the ‘your signature’ from the drop down list of fields
- Allow Generate Envelope/Label = Labels
- Allow Export Data = Yes
- Allow Bulk Update = Yes
- Move To = ‘Offer Sent’ status
- Per Each Property = Yes
C) Press the blue ‘Add/Update’ button to save the new Custom 2nd Offer Cover Letter Document
The two mail houses we recommend at this time are LPGletters.com or LPGmailer.com both of which are full-service mailing services that print, fold, stuff, stamp and mail your letters out on your Company’s behalf. This article will focus primarily on the service provided by LPGletters.com or ITI – Letterprinting.Net. In the event, you have a need to create a new custom template for a mail merge this article provides step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish this task.
In order to create a custom Neutral Letter Template for mailing to either of the afore listed mail houses, you must complete the following steps.
Step 1: Open Up A Blank ‘Word’ Document File
This blank ‘Word’ document file will be utilized to house the new version of the Neutral Letter Template for mailing.
Step 2: Access ‘Campaigns’ Function In Either Land Or House Deals Section
- Log into your Investment Dominator Admin Console and navigate to either the ‘Land Deals‘ or ‘House Deals‘ section depending on the type of properties you are working with.
- Click on the link on the upper right side of the page called ‘Campaigns‘.
Step 3: Access Template Icon For ‘Generate Prospect Neutral Letter Template’
- Once you open the ‘Campaigns‘ head over to the drop-down which says ‘Generate Documents’
- Select the ‘Other‘ for the template documents you can download by clicking on the icon.
Step 4: Open And Recreate The Template In Word Document
- Open the ‘Generate Prospect Neutral Letter Template‘ and down-load the built-in template onto your computer.
- Copy each line of the ‘Generate Prospect Neutral Letter Template‘ into the blank ‘WORD’ file you opened in Step 1.
- Copy the SIGNATURE into your ‘WORD’ file using Jing or some other ‘Snip-it’ tool available.
Note: This template must be recreated as a new version because it contains all of ITI placeholder information as highlighted in RED for a successful mail merge.
Step 5: Make Changes To Save In ‘WORD’ And ‘PDF’ Formats
- Make any appropriate changes to the new version of the Prospect Neutral Letter Template in the ‘WORD’ file.
- SAVE the new version of the Prospect Neutral Letter Template in ‘WORD’ file format on your computer.
- SAVE the new version of the Prospect Neutral Letter Template in ‘PDF’ file format on your computer.
Note: The new version of the Prospect Neutral Letter Template in ‘PDF’ file format is sent to ITI, (Letterprinting.Net).
While the Investment Dominator was designed with a certain deal flow and specific statutes in mind, it can be customized to fit any investment strategy. So here’s how you can create a custom letter for use in the Investment Dominator:
Log into your Investment Dominator account and then click on ‘Customize‘.
Then, scroll down a little until you see the option that says ‘Custom Document Templates‘.
A window will pop up, and you will be able to create just about any kind of document that you could want, including first-time mailings, land, short sales, probate, foreclosure, homes posted for tax sales, etc.
There is an option on the right that says ‘Insert Merge Field‘. Insert the fields that you want to be in the letter, and this will make sure that the letters come out properly addressed and with the correct information.
Calculated Merge Fields
You can use basic math to calculate the output of a merge field for example…
- If you would like to calculate the Net To Seller amount that we output on our cover letters and contracts you can enter in USD(([property-price]-[property-backtaxes]))
NOTE: The two brackets at the beginning and end of the equation are important to indicate to the system that you want to calculate two numeric fields and the USD part at the beginning indicates that you want the values returned in a USD format vs. as just a number.
- If you would like output a future date; for example 15 days from the current date, you can use [current-date+15]
- If you would like to output your offer at 5% more than what you have saved to the record then you can use USD(([property-price]+([property-price]*0.05)))
NOTE: Be sure that you select the correct option from the ‘TO‘ field. This will determine which fields you can merge into the document.
Also, you can make sure that the letter only goes to contact records in certain statuses.
After you have created your custom letter template, you can use it by clicking on ‘Generate Documents‘ and scrolling down to the bottom of the page. You will see an option to use the custom letter template that you created, and it will merge in the information of all contact records in the corresponding status.